SHINE at Business Pty Ltd and SHINE at Leadership Pty Ltd are party to this policy (both entities are represented and referred to as SHINE in this document).
Your privacy is important to us
- SHINE is bound by the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles (NPPs).
- Please note that if at any time SHINE is required by law to release information to government or regulatory authorities, about you or your organisation, SHINE must cooperate fully.
What sort of Information does SHINE collect?
- SHINE collects information about you (“the Information”) in different ways:
(a) SHINE collects information when you engage the organisation so that SHINE may provide you with Accounting & Bookkeeping Services / Business Services / Financial Planning / Wealth Coaching.
(b) SHINE collects information from other institutions and organisations in the course of undertaking the activities outlined in 6(a).
(c) When you send SHINE any written, oral or electronic communication, we collect any information provided by you that is relevant to SHINE undertaking the activities outlined in 6 (a).
What happens if you do not provide the information?
- If you do not provide the information requested it may affect the quality of advice given to you and may compromise your obligations with regard to compliance with Taxation and other legislation.
Why does SHINE collect the information and how is your information used by SHINE?
- SHINE collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to complete your tax return.
- SHINE also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material anymore, see Correcting and Updating Your Profile below.
- We may use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with offers of additional services material or articles that may be of interest to you.
Who does SHINE disclose personal information to?
- SHINE will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent.
- Within the two SHINE businesses there will be an exchange of client information between these two entities as required.
How will SHINE keep your personal information secure?
- SHINE is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the Information that you provide us, and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised use or alteration. In our business, personal information may be stored both electronically (on our computer systems and with our website hosting provider) and in hard-copy form. Firewalls, anti-virus software and email filters, as well as passwords, protect all of our electronic information. Likewise, we take all reasonable measures to ensure the security of hard-copy information.
Correcting and Updating your profile.
- SHINE gives you the following options for accessing and modifying Information previously provided:
(b) Advice of changes to personal details may be communicated by email or in writing.
(c) Request that you not receive further non-essential information.
SHINE at Business
P.O. Box 407
WODONGA VIC 3689
Phone: 0412 804 716